Alderlea Medical Clinic
If you are in an emergency or crisis
CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM.
Other important numbers:
Nurses Help Line: 811
Emotional Support Line: 310-6789
The Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888 or
Kid’s Help Phone:
310-1234 (no area code needed) OR
Further information about these services can be found on our After Hours Services page.
COVID-19 Pandemic Safety Plan
If feeling sick with possible COVID-19 (fever, new cough, breathing difficulty, etc.) then stay at home, no exceptions, and call 1-844-901-8442 to arrange a test ASAP.
If unsure, you may call 8-1-1 or complete the online BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool: https://www.thrive.health/bc-self-assessment-tool or call our office for assistance/directions. If experiencing severe symptoms then call 9-1-1 (ambulance).
- Patient visits will be done preferably by phone (or videoconference for some) but may be scheduled in person when necessary.
- Those with possible COVID-19 symptoms will be referred to a testing center.
- No Walk-ins permitted.
- Mandatory medical grade ‘Mask Up’ policy applies to everyone entering the clinic—exemptions: children 2 years and under; staff when alone in a private office space & during lunch/snack breaks; rarely others. See instruction poster on safe mask use.
- No sharing of food or beverages.
- The maximum # of people allowed in our clinic at any one time currently is: 20.
- Wash hands or use hand rub on entry & exit of clinic, before & after doctor-patient contact, when donning/doffing PPE, at bathroom and other break times, etc.
- Maintain physical distance of 2 metres between each other as much as possible.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with elbow/arm sleeve; change mask if wet or soiled.
- Speak softly wherever possible to reduce potential droplet and aerosol spread.
- Enhanced room cleaning will be done after each patient in addition to scheduled cleaning/disinfecting of high touch surfaces (i.e., door handles).
We all must follow the provincial health officer’s orders.
In this challenging time please remember to
“Be Calm. Be Kind. Be Safe.”